Monday, November 15, 2010

Guilty Pleasure v.0.27 - BMX Bandits Credits


I listen to way too much music to not utilize this blogspot. I created for purposes of sharing what I hear with others so here it goes- my first post.

Guilty Pleasure v.0.27 - BMX (Ready to Fly) by the Papers.  It's the closing credit sequence music from the film BMX Bandits (1983). Not the 80's spin off band- the BMX Bandits (like Save Ferris) but rather the 80's Australian film from which they stole their name.  It's awesome.  If you liked Rad (1986) watch BMX Bandits.  Nicole Kidman's first film so she's not famous yet.  I don't know anything about the band, The Papers.  I think this was a one hit wonder made specifically for the film.  If it even was a hit. It should be. Hopefully at least in Australia. This song caught my attention as a kid.  I rediscovered it at 27 and heard a similar pop nostalgic goodness in it.  Kinda like what you get when you hear an old, familiar Flock of Seagulls or Pet Shop Boys song you've forgotten on the radio.

I can't explain why I like it but I do. Thank you John Nash and Chris Eggleton! Here's the song with some highlights from the film. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment